Wednesday, April 13, 2005

melbourne ho?

Yep, I finally got my conditional offer from Melbourne University. *does victory dance* But it seems I neglected to send IDP my IELTS results, since I foolishly assumed that they already had it 'cause IDP runs the test in Subang (i thought). Ah... A fool is me. Oh well, I'll just pop on over to Subang on Friday to hand it in (and go play Magic as well...hehe). Also, cell meeting will be held in PJ anyway, so better for me to head on over from Subang. Might go earlier to hang out in college and (ab)use their internet connection. Unlike *some* people, who go to college almost everyday to study even though it's the holidays (Funny, I thought that usually meant automatic Nerd qualification.), I only go when I need to, hehe.

Ah well.. Today was quite a productive day. Tennis and badminton in the morning (Goodness, I need exercise) followed by lepaking in Hao Ern's house with Jin and Sim. All four of us poor buggers would have been stuck rotting alone at home otherwise. Jill, Hao Ern's dog, was very enthusiastically trying to lick my crotch. *sigh* What can I do? My irresistiblement even crosses the boundaries of species. (Bear with me, I need to stroke my ego once in a while) Oddly enough, I seem to bring bad luck to Hao Ern's power supply. When I went there in the morning, the power went out. After we left, it came on again. Then when I went to his house again later, the power went out again. Heh.

After a mad rush to send my brother to tuition on time, myself, Hao Ern and Kwang trooped off to Jusco to do some mindless slacking. Sent the PS2 for repair at the same time. It'll only be done in a week, at which point the holidays would soon be over. Meh. Oooo... Splurged on books today too. Having a credit card sorely tempted me to buy lots of books, but I managed to limit myself to 2: the new Artemis Fowl book and a drawing book. Coupled with yesterday's Man and Wife (by Tony Parsons, followup to Man and Boy) and Sideways, I've spent almost RM200 on books in the span of 2 days. And I still haven't got any new Pratchett books. Damn. Also, I'd like to point out that Starbucks coffee tastes like hot water. Granted, that was only from one cup. Maybe that particular blend of coffee was meant to taste like hot water. Meh. I'll stick to kopi o peng, thankyouverymuch. (Aside from Rhumba Frappucino, of course. I could never abandon you.)

This news distresses me : The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy movie *may* suck horribly.

*sigh*

Stuff a monkey with sunshine and marshmallows, watch the fireworks fizzle with soda in the drizzle. Out.

No comments: