Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Astrooooooo...!!!!

Oh yes! I finally have Astro in my humble abode. I can finally freeze my brain (whatever's in there anyways) watching TV...actually there's not much to watch. Damn them, the fellas at astro neglected to provide me with Spongebob!! They shall regret this slight!! I want Spongebob!! Do you know how hard it was for me to get astro installed in my home? We only have it now because my friend's grandfather won a set free and they already had astro so they gave it to us (BIG thank you, friend's grandfather!!). And after all that, I still don't have Spongebob..What's the point? (P.S. - Yes, I know it's shown on free TV on Sunday morning. I don't watch TV on Sunday morning.That doesn't count.)

Oh, and Happy Mid-autumn Festival (Mooncake/Lantern Festival) to all. May you stuff yourself full of lotus seed paste and burn your fingers with candle wax from your lanterns. I know I always did. Nowadays I use the wimpy type with the flashy lights and cheesy, tinny music shaped like Mickey Mouse. Oh yes, I love electricity. You can tell. Oh, and how could I forget the fireworks? The damn things are going off outside my house right now...My dog's real scared of fireworks. Kesian betul...

And on an unrelated note: I just re-read Night Watch by Terry Pratchett. I love Night Watch. It's one of my favourite Discworld stories. It's more focused and personal than the others I've read so far. And I love the bit with the cigar case. Everyone needs that one anchor, to know that there is a tomorrow to live for. Highly reccomended read. I'm actually trying to re-read all my Discworld books, just for the heck of it.(That makes about 4 Discworld books finished in the past 5 days or so.) And since the AS finals are coming soon, I'd better get started on my annual re-read of The Lord of the Rings. Did it last year in the 2 weeks before SPM, and I still passed. Should work again this year. (See, other people prepare by STUDYING. I read Tolkien. Amounts to the same thing anyway. I just fill my head with facts that I'll probably never need in real life.)

(P.S. - Google search is my bestest friend.)

TROGDOOOORRR...!!!!

No comments: