Whoo boy. You know shit happens when I urge the brain cells into action.
This is close to what I've been thinking:
oh xkcd, how i love thee
Also, I've been reading Yotsuba&! and a softer world. It's made me think of actually putting my desires into action. Of appreciating each moment that comes along and seizing the chance to enjoy it to its fullest.
The random trip in winter holidays was a good start. These next 2 years will probably be the last time I can do it. When I start working, I won't be able to justify to my boss leaving work for a couple of hours to hang out in the park just because "Hey, it's such a wonderful day to be alive." I mean, when else can you randomly decide to skip classes and go to the beach? Studying in Melbourne, I'm surrounded by all these beautiful parks and interesting places, and the beach is less than an hour away (almost). And I have the financial freedom (kinda..parent's money, hehe) and less obligations (other than classes and assignments and projects and...) to go out there and enjoy what the world has to offer.
Yesterday afternoon, I took some time off to walk around The Avenue and then go to the courtyard, plonk myself on the picnic table and stare at the sky. It was a wonderful day.. clear skies, decent weather, sunny but cool... I wanted to just run off, grab some food, grab a book, grab some friends (thing is, it's only worth doing this kind of things with friends who can appreciate it as well) and go down to the park and enjoy the day. But instead, I did self-help.
The view from the picnic table
And here I am, writing a blog post and staring at Microsoft Bloody Word instead of going out there. Maybe I just need a vacation.
*SIGH*
No comments:
Post a Comment