Monday, December 05, 2005

home

I'm home.

It's actually been a week already since I set my feet back on Malaysian soil. And what a week it has been.

I came back and found out my grandfather (only one left) had had some heart problems recently. My family were in Ipoh with him but came back to pick me up from the airport. The very next day we all went back to Ipoh. Thank God my grandfather is stable now. But it's like...how to put it? Ticking time bomb. I dunno. It just feels so weird. He looks so different now. I look at him differently now. But I still can't communicate with him. For people not in the know, I suck at chinese. I am a bananana. So Conversations with my grandparents are pretty difficult for me. And it just makes it feel even weirder.

Also.

Waking up that morning after the flight. Meeting my parents again. Going to church. Meeting my friends again. Going back to Ipoh. Meeting my family again. It seems like I never left this place. Granted, I was away for only..er..4 months? When I was in Australia, it felt like such a long time. Now it seems like just a dream. Waking up again that Sunday morning, back in my real life. Funny.

And after that: VBS! Muahaha..One week of bullying little kids to do my bidding! Just kidding. (Btw, Vacation Bible School is the children's bible camp my church sunday school runs almost every year. I usually help out with tortu..I mean taking care of the kids. It's great fun, but quite tiring.) OK I admit it, I have a soft spot for those cute little kids (in a completely none paedophilic way so get your brain out of that gutter you sicko). Sooo cuuuuuute.. I wish I could show videos of all the cute things that happened.. so many "Awwww..." worthy moments. Like when little Joshua Lim was explaining how he taught his 'Yeh Yeh' to sing, but since his 'Yeh Yeh' only goes "errrrrr...", he has to sing for his 'Yeh Yeh'.. OK. Confusing. Me. You just had to be there lah. Anyways, the downside was that I got slightly sick on the 2nd night and had to take some rest for most of the rest of the camp. I also lost my voice. I now sound like a saw being run over some gravel. And my brother is also now sick, though I think he had it worse than me. 39 degrees fever..phew. He's getting lots of sleep now..so pray that he'll be up and fine soon. It's going to be pretty busy the next few weeks as well, what with a wedding next week, and then MAD camp, and the christmas season.

*segue*

Ah.. Feels odd somehow. I just came back from the "Guys Night Out" dinner for my friend's wedding next week. Exactly half (5 out of 10) of the guys there were already married. Of course, I'm still oh so very single and I was the youngest one there so most of my time was spent listening to the sage advice dispensed by the married guys. Stuff about "don't trust counting the days", "use 2 layers and 'fong yau' in between", "get a joint account but still maintain separate accounts", "listen. wives love to talk", "don't watch football so much", "make sure your children also support liverpool". Ahhh.. so much fun. It's wonderful seeing people move on in their relationships, going on to something deeper. I just don't know how to explain how I feel right now. Pleasantly amused and happy for my friends? I guess that's the closest. Also, the MeltyChocolateyThingy dessert was superb.

Huh. I guess I've filled my December talking crap quota. Nothing too insane this time I see. I'm tired lah. And I have no voice. The world must be rejoicing at that fact.

Oh. And please, watch Coupling. It's funny with a capital H.

Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs.

2 comments:

tze said...

you're home! haha.. WHY NEVER CALL ANY1?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Because I'm a freaking anticsocial maniac. Q.E.D. I never found out what the hell Q.E.D. means anyway. L.I.C. Like I Care. Oh haha..very clever.

Ok. Die now.