Thursday, May 12, 2005

a death in the family

It has been an eventful day.

Firstly, my car was broken into today, haha. Praise God, nothing of value was stolen, except for some loose change I keep around to pay for parking. And I'm thankful the people who did it don't know how to hotwire a car, or else I would have had to walk home. Coolness!

Ooooo... I'ma having lamb chop for dinner tonight! Mmmmm..... I can smell the goodness right now. Hungry. *rumble*

Next up is an obituary for a very important member of my family.

My TV died today.

Actually, it has been in bad condition for some time. Fuzzy lines keep appearing at the top half of the screen, and sometimes the image gets a bit distorted. Nothing a good whack on the side couldn't solve. I guess we whacked it to a premature death.
This part of the story is 100% true. The TV used to have a line at the top of the picture. So, one day I decided to whack it as a joke. The line really disappeared.
We've been doing it ever since. (You have...er...had to know exactly how hard and where to hit.)Some geniuses we were. Too bad I can't demonstrate my TV fixing skills anymore now.

Now, big TV's little brother is filling in for him as he goes to the big junkyard in the sky.


Well, farewell old and faithful friend.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot something. I promised NH3 to tell the story of how stupid I am. He lamented not having his own blog to tell tales about my idiocy, especially in what we affectionately dubbed "The FUnser". So I told him I'd do it for him.

True story: On this day last week, I bought a bottle of Vanilla Coke to drink on the drive home from college. (Mmmm.... I <3 Vanilla Coke.) Nothing unusual happened on the trip (Apart from the usual unusualness, of course...did I ever tell the story about when we played "I Spy With My Little Eye" in the car? Good times. Best game ever to play when you're really bored. But I digress.) until we reached Klang. Then, like the bloody idiot I am, I proceeded to shake the bottle and open it. WHOOSH! Needless to say, I felt very stupid. Poor Hao Ern. He had to do much of the cleaning up as I had to drive. Quote: "Hey Aaron, why'd you have to shake it in the car? See, now it's spilled all over your pants..." Pervs.

Anyways, after we all had a good laugh about it, I mentioned that that incident would prolly make it on my list of "The Top 20 Stupidest Things I've Ever Done". This prompted some more laughs as the other guys interrogated me on other stupid things I've done (The Case Of Mistaken Identity and The Incident Of The Forgotten Undergarments were some of my greatest hits...), which then segued into various stories on people we know doing stupid things. Some of them were quite...colourful, to say the least. I also shared some of the funnier incidents that have taken place during some youth camps to Tze Yang, who missed out on them (once because he was down with a fever..aww...poor guy). It was really nice recalling all those fun moments. Aaaahh.... That was a really good day.

End Edit.

There has been some concern as my Chem teacher told my class that some people have been down with dengue fever, right before the exams begin. My best wishes go out to them, hope we all stay well as we face the exams together...

Ah... Look at the time! Dinner awaits! And I hope to get my residency application done by tonight (First choice: Prolly International House), so I better get cracking!

Out, you cats.

"Hey, I may be a blithering idiot, but I'm also.... Hmm... Nah, that's it."

No comments: