Thursday, March 09, 2006

time is MARCHing on

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT's MARCH HOORAY!

See, this time I shall not go into a long and pointless tirade on "Oh why haven't I updated this here site? Why does the sun shine?". Refer to any other post I've made earlier if you want more of those crap excuses, since we all know the real reason: I'm a lazy lard-ass. Phew. Now that that's out of the way, on with the post!

(Incidentally: There's a bit too much space between the words Hammerleich and and and and and Sons on the signboard.)

What's been happening?

Summer scheme ended ages ago, and I've now moved into my new permanent room for this year on Wadham First floor, South wing, room 53. An astute observer would note that I've only moved 2 doors down from room 50 which I had last year. Is that all the perks I get for being a senior? (Granted, I've only been here a semester longer than the freshers...) However, I have a corner room now, which means I have about an extra foot and a half of room space. Rejoice! No real complaints though, since I don't really need that much space anyway and my floormates are a real fun bunch of people.

I had about a week between my final exam for summer subjects and the official start of semester, so I spent most of that time just bumming around, lepaking with 24 and Fred. (24 is this legendary Sri Lankan guy who downed 24 shots in one night, and Fred is a really funny Architecture student from Hong Kong with mad Photoshop and guitar skills). We are now christened "The Lepakers". On account of us lepaking so much. And during that one week of excessive lepaking, we drank about...every night? Didin't get wasted or anything..it's just that Malibu with Coke tastes soooo good..like Vanilla Coke. But mainly we just lepaked and went bowling and did stupid stuff while O Week was running. Got to meet lots of freshers (Girls outnumber guys this year, and there's a better proportion of Aussie to international students.) and watch some of the wacky stuff that happens during O-Week. *sigh* It's too bad I didn't have an O-Week myself since I went in the middle of the year, but now I'm technically a senior so I can't join any subsequent O-Weeks as well, except as an O-Weeker. Oh well. Oh crap...now that I look back on it.. so much has happened I don't think I could cram all of it in here. I think I really should try to update more often so I can keep a record of the stupid things I've already accomplished and seen accomplished. There's the huge "Aaron Sucks" poster outside my door, the "Batman Begins..To Rock" pic outside Fred's door, the sandal-chucking competition along the corridor, the paper plane competitions, the balcony lepak spot, Micheal rolling down 1st floor corridor, the wacky bowling session where we kicked bowling balls... Speaking of which, I finally achieved my goal of bowling above 100 today. Yaus for 104! And I think I'm slowly improving a bit at foosball. Whoopee..

Hao Ern is now here in IH, the bugger. I know you're reading this.. Scheps sucks man... You can keep your stinking sink..I'd take Wadham 1st over Scheps any day, heh. Don't play so much DotA lah... And managed to meet Andrew again when we went out for dinner this Tuesday with Chee Chang and Hao Ern. Supposed to have been a Melbourne ACSers dinner, but Edwin and Jonathan couldn't make it..and I messed up cos I thought Chee Chang's birthday was on Tuesday...haha sorry lah.

What else? Oh.. Dutch National Night is coming up soon.. That should be fun. I'm learning how to sing the Dutch National Anthem now since I joined the choir.. Ugh..Dutch is so hard. Italian national anthem was much easier.

Ah...Am I boring you yet? Aih..might as well stop now and get some rest. Hopefully sore throat will clear up by the weekend at this rate. Mmmm... I love drugs. Codral is my friend.

Until next time, (hopefully within the same month) good luck, and good night.

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

No comments: