I'm so beat. I don't know why I chose to write up an update instead of going straight to bed.. I feel so damn tired. It's been a really eventful day.
It started, like most days, (okay not really) with the fire drill. Hooray for not having to set my alarm clock since the bloody fire alarm is going to wake me up anyway. And just in time for self-help work too. Ahh... back to doing self help again. There was a lot of waiting around on my part, since the sodding dishwasher is not behaving. So, yay for self help where I didn't do much at all apart from drying dishes and random odd jobs. I'm really not used to waking up that early..ugh..head felt like it was filled with lead. And not the shiny happy pink type I usually fill it with. Damnit I got the heavy murky dull one. So I slept through most of my (only) lecture today. Oh dear..I'm probably going to screw up so bad on Solid Mechanics later then. Arrrgh for fire drill!
But today was a momentous occasion. Aron Bim finally exercised! I went swimming today! With Chee Chang and Pei Fei's housemate (who really put me to shame since she did something to the tune of 10 laps non-stop while I couldn't even manage 2). Wow.. I'm so totally insanely out of shape. Panting for my life after only 2 laps and feeling like throwing up. Ahhh.. Exercise just makes you so healthy! Oh well, the muscle aches and nausea were caused by my lack of exercise anyway..just have to take it slow.
Anzac biscuits! Yes Noel, I finally lugged my ass to Safeway and purchased some tasty Anzac biscuits! Expect them to arrive soonly.
And the other big highlight of the day was going down to the bank of the Yarra river down in Melbourne City to watch the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony with some other IHers. The fireworks were really beautiful. But the rest of it was pretty boring. Oh, and apparently some guy managed to jump into the Yarra and swim up to one of the floats. He got pwned by security of course, but I thought that was cool. After that we headed off to Chinatown for supper, but got distracted by the Myers display window, where 4 guys are going to stay for goodness knows how long. Anyway, when we finally got to the makan place in Chinatown, I was feeling pretty tired (and also I have Engineering Analysis at 9am tomorrow morning) so I came back to IH early with some other IHers I met there. All in all, it was a very fun day doing stuff and hanging out with some of the funnest people in the world.
Aside: Hey, this looks like a "What I Did Today" essay I would have to write for secondary school... Isn't blogging supposed to be about reflecting not only on the events but the experiences and deep insights and whatnot?
.....
Sod that. I'm going to sleep.
(I usually end with some random quote, usually from Pratchett. This time, I couldn't decide which take on the ol' "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" quote to end with. So I'm putting them both in. Blech.)
That which does not kill us bloody hurts a lot.
That which does not kill us sometimes makes us wish it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment