I'm so bored out of my mind. I have 3 weeks till
my first exam, and I have no motivation to study.
Last night (this morning actually) I pondered the
vast mysteries of the universe. Questions like:
Why don't Australian KFC outlets regularly sell
hot and spicy chicken? How can people like
bittergourd? Why does Koko Black's hot chocolate
taste so good? Why do we want to read about other
people's lives and understand them when we can't
even understand our own? Who came up with the idea
of a silent H anyway? What, when it all comes down
to it, is it all about?
Why do you live? What are you living for? What are
you studying for? What are you working for? What
would you die for?
Over my short short years, I've met people who are
so dedicated to a cause, so burdened for a
purpose, so driven. And I salute them. I envy
them. I can understand why they choose to do what
they want to do, but I can't muster up that same
emotion, that same drive and determination, that
motivation, that purpose. And I'm trying to find
it. Aren't we all?
When you die, how will people remember you? A
hundred years after you have left this world, will
your legacy remain? Examine what you are doing.
What would you willingly die for?
(Pssst.. The answer is chocolate of couse.)
Growing old is compulsory. Growing up is not.
No comments:
Post a Comment