Chinese New Year
Mostly lazed around in the house at Ipoh. Watched some movies, watched Barney, collected money, watched Barney, played with my younger cousins (the brats! it was more like they were trying to kill me and i had to fend them off. I was pinched, kicked, pummelled, poked, whacked with a remote control, deafened by screams and attacked by super-cute-ness. One of my shirts got torn in the process. I tell ya, those 4 girls will prolly grow up to be like the girls in PE5...so scary...), watched Barney, and read some books. Did I mention watching Barney? (Seriously, the youngest of the lot, Jacqueline, is addicted to Barney and my brother.(She can't stop pinching him)). Oh and Dun Xin (who is my COUSIN, not my name. But we call her Yan Yan (cos that's how her name is in Cantonese, DunYan)(oh my do i love parentheses)) told some really weird stories about me being a sheep, oldest cousin Benjamin being a cow, 2nd oldest Melvin a pig, Noel being a Cat-Dog, and noisiest little Elysia a Stupid-Monkey. She most have drank all the Shandy in the fridge. I sure didn't touch any this year...
Movies watched:
Kung Fu Hustle (2-and-a-half times. My father and uncle missed the first screening.)
Finding Nemo (5th time i think. Elysia loves Nemo almost as much as her sister loves Barney. She asked for the movie, we started it, she left to amuse herself somewhere else, but we just continued watching. Because Finding Nemo is The Best Computer Animated Movie Ever(TM))
Windstruck (some weird Korean love-love movie. I only started watching toward the end though, but those were the best parts)
In America
Shark Tale
I'm sure there were others, but i can't seem to recall right now...
Books Read:
The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents(It's by Terry Pratchett. Go. Read it. Now.)
The Supernaturalists (New one from Eoin Colfer. Yes, I know it's for "Teen Readers", but Colfer really knows how to spin a good yarn.)
Man and Boy, by Tony Parsons (A really good book. Highly reccomended.)
The Return of the King (5th time i think. Tolkien never ceases to amaze me. Skipped the language appendix tho.)
While i was whiling away the hours on holiday, I did a lot of thinking (Shocking, I know). Most of my rambling converstions with myself i will withhold, for the sake of the sanity of anyone who actually read this far. (Tho if you actually read this far, you might want to go get yourself checked real quick like. Tell them i sent you. That should put them on the right track fast enough). However, there is one thing that interests me to post now. I've decided I would like something to be written on my grave when I die. Something that reflects who I am and what I believe in. And I think I'll settle on this (until i thinkof something better):
"Until we meet again"
P.S. - The Killers (the band) are trippy. Yes, very trippy.
P.P.S. - Chocolate Milk!!
P.P.P.S. - I might have done something very stupid, something I once told myself I'd never do, last Friday. But I'm glad I did it.
P.P.P.P.S. - This is too much by now, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment